These 5 simple games can boost intelligence, enhance problem-solving, and provide hours of entertainment.
1. A Cereal Box with Treats inside
- Pierce a couple of holes in the box, add the treats and tape up the box.
- Want to make it more difficult? Add stuffed up newspaper inside so the treats do not pop out so easily.
- You can also skip out the holes which means they have to completely tear through the box to access the treats.
2. Tennis Balls in a cupcake/muffin tray – this has to be our favourite!
- Fill up a muffin tin with your pups tastiest treats and then place tennis balls on top. Watch your dog try and work out how to move the balls to get to the treats.
3. An empty plastic bottle wrapped in a sock (the smellier the better)
- If your dog loves that crinkly sound then this is perfect for them! Make sure you remove the lid, place in the sock and tie a knot to secure it
4. Bobbing for treats in a paddling pool
- This one is perfect for the hot weather we have been having. If your dog is unsure of water then introduce them to it slowly, reassuring them as they go.
- If you do not have any specific dog treats to hand, this works well with carrot, apple or cucumber slices.
5. Find the treats around the room/house
- This can keep them amused for hours. Hide some smelly treats around the room and simply let them search for them.
- For beginners let them watch you first as you place the treats around the room. Once they have mastered remove them from the room before you start hiding them.