Three Pet Products recommended by Experts
There are so many amazing products available when it comes to treating your dog, so we’ve asked our PetBase experts for their top 3 recommendations.
You can also hear from our customers on what they thought about these products – tried and tested so you don’t have to!
The KONG is the “go-to” toy we recommend to every single dog owner!
It’s the ideal toy to keep your dog occupied with their treats, or we even suggest feeding your dog their main dinner using the KONG as an extra challenge.
The red Classic KONG is available in five different sizes from XS-XL to suit every size and breed of dog. KONG also make a Puppy, Senior and Extreme version as well, they really have thought of everything!
- Super durable, choose the extreme version if you have serious chewer!
- Offer much needed mental and physical stimulation
- Great training tool and to keep your dog occupied
- Dishwasher safe
- Stick it in the fridge or freezer to help soothe sore gums of teething puppies
- Use as a slow feeder for your dog’s main dinner
- Start with loosely packed food so your dog can get the hang of it, then you can move to something slightly more challenging for them. Freeze food in the KONG for the ultimate challenge.
What our tester said:
“My dog has been obsessed with his KONG chew toy! It’s really bought a different dimension to feeding him his dinner. It’s great seeing him having to work a bit harder for his food whilst having fun at the same time. It’s so much better than watching him rush down his dinner in 10 seconds!”
The Gor Pets Crate Mats are super versatile, designed in standard crate sizes so they fit perfectly into your dog’s existing crate for extra comfort. Made with warm and cosy Sherpa fleece it also makes for the perfect lounger around the house.
We tend to keep a couple of these around the house instead of having multiple beds everywhere, also great for travelling; either in the car or if you are staying away for the night.
Benefits of the Gor crate mat:
- Available in five standard crate sizes to fit perfectly into your dog’s existing crate, from Small – XX Large
- Machine washable so easy to clean when it gets mucky
- Portable and versatile so it’s easy to take along wherever you need it
- Three colours available – black, grey & beige to it into your home
What our tester said:
“The crate mat has been so handy to have around the house, especially as it’s getting a bit colder now, it’s such a nice cosy mat for him to lie on. He loved it as soon as we bought it home! I also found it to be so much less bulky than his usual dog bed, and as we bought it in the grey colour, it looks so much nicer in our living room too.
We’ve also started using it for when we’re taking him out and about. It doesn’t get in the way of a harness when he’s in the car, and means less mess and dog hair to clean out as I can just pop the crate mat in the washing machine when I need to.”
Conneck’t Car Safety Harness, from £22.95
What our experts said:
Travelling in the car with your dog can be daunting prospect, with a lot of information available on the different methods of keeping your dog safe. Whether using a car harness, seatbelt, crate or car boot guard, the main priority is to make sure that your dog is secure and safe!
The Conneck’t Car Harness is suitable for both short and longer journeys, and has been made with not only your dog’s safety in mind but also their comfort. It is super easy to put on and adjust and attaches to existing seat belts.
Benefits of the Conneck’t Car Safety Harness:
- Makes sure your dog is secure and safe while travelling
- Designed with your dog’s comfort in mind
- Universal fit as attaches to existing seat belt
Top tips when travelling with a dog:
- Start travelling with your dog when they are a puppy to get them use to the sounds, smells and motions
- Take a break! Perfect for a toilet pit stop, stretching their legs and to have a drink
- Keep them cool! If it is a hot day then make sure you are aware of your dog’s temperature and have the window open or air conditioning on to keep cool while on the go