What to watch out for in 2019!!
As 2018 comes to an end, with the New Year just around the corner, we thought we’d share with you the latest trends in the pet world to watch out for next year.
It is all about pet humanisation and premium products for our beloved animals!
Our dogs are no longer just our pets! They are 100% part of the family, meaning we’re willing to spend that little bit extra to make sure they’re happy.
HEALTH & WELL-BEING
We are becoming much more conscious about our dog’s health & well-being.
- Premiumisation has caused a lot of pet parents to upgrade their dogs’ food, shaking up the dog food industry this year. Whether you feed your dog a grain-free, raw or advanced nutrition diet there are now loads of great brands of food out there to suit your dog
- We are now spending more on dog supplements and vitamins then ever before. The focus is shifting towards preventive care for our dogs, rather than waiting until they’re unwell and having to pay the vets a visit
- The importance of good dental care! Again, thinking about preventative measures, as pet parents we are taking increased steps to keep our dog’s oral hygiene in good condition. From doggy dental kits to a daily dental chew, it can make a big difference to keeping your dog’s gums and teeth healthy
Following on from the increased focus on health & well-being, the next trend we think you will see a lot of next year is ‘Pet Tech’. These ‘Pet Tech’ products will help us monitor and improve our pet’s health and happiness.
- Known as Pet Wearables, these can be described as Fitbits for dogs. Normally attached to your dog’s collar, these activity trackers can show you how much time your dog has spent exercising, sleeping and playing etc. Pet wearables with GPS tracking can also be used for additional security. If you are slightly overwhelmed by the selection already out there then have a read of the Independant’s review – 6 of the best dog activity trackers here
- Smart feeders and dispensers that will help you feed your dog the correct amount of food each day, which will also help with the common problem of over feeding and pet obesity
Now that dogs are simply part of the family, it’s about time that their dog beds and dog furniture are designed to look good in the home! Expect to see dog bedrooms (yes, that’s right…..a whole room just for your dog!), integrated dog bed furniture and luxury dog beds.
Take a look at our bespoke integrated dog crate furniture for a sleek and stylish hideaway for your dog.
LUXURY PET SITTING, WALKING & BOARDING
The need for the ultimate luxurious experience for your dog is growing. Who wouldn’t want their dog to have their own holiday while you are on yours?!
- Pet Hotels – first class accommodation, only the best for your dog. If you haven’t come across a pet hotel before take a look at Westlodge Dog Hotel & Boarding Kennel in Cambridgeshire http://www.westlodgekennels.co.uk/ . Your dog is able to stay in a luxury two room apartment which has its own private garden, underfloor heating, a full size bed and a TV & DVD player!
- Luxury doggy daycare & dog walking services – we are becoming more and more happy to pay for extra luxury for our dogs. Tailblazers in Edinburgh offer an exo-friendly doggy daycare and walking service, they’re also looking to build a sensory garden for their daycare dogs! https://tailblazersedinburgh.co.uk/
DOG FRIENDLY CAFES AND EVENTS
You may have seen the very popular Pug Cafes pop up in cities this year and these are set to continue. It seems it’s not only Pugs who are getting in on the action now, with pop up Dachshund & Frenchie Cafes opening up too. They’re not only great places to get together with fellow ‘pug’ or ‘frenchie’ owners, but also perfect for your dog to make some new friends!
To keep up to date with the pop up doggie events visit the Pug Cafe website – https://pugcafe.com/
So much to look forward to in 2019!! We have lots of new products coming your way, keep up-to-date by following us on Facebook and Instagram.
Happy New Year!